O.C.T.S./HENDERSON SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP FUND APPLICATION
The Eleventh Biennial Reunion Celebration of Oktibbeha County Training School and Henderson High School Scholarship Fund, Incorporated on July 5 – July 7, 2019.
LOCATION: STARKVILLE SPORTSPLEX on LYNN LANE
START DATE: July 05th, 2019
2018 Donor Request Letter 15Jan18
OCTS-HHS 2019 Announcement Jan18
P.O. Box 80066
Starkville, MS 39760-0066
Procedures for Submission of Scholarship Application
- An official application form should be secured from the school counselor or via the website at www.octshhs.org.
- The Application Form must be typed in Times New Roman with a Font Size of 12 points and 1.5 line spacing
- Send the completed application to address below
- Two (2) typed Letters of Recommendation must accompany the application.
- Short Essay: Answer the three (3) questions below. The essay must be typed in Times New Roman with a Font Size of 12 points and 1.5 line spacing. Each question must not exceed one hundred fifty (150) words. 1) What are your educational and professional goals? 2) How will this scholarship award help you achieve your goals? 3) If awarded this scholarship, how would you maximize this opportunity to represent the organization as a recipient and give back to your community?
- To be eligible for this scholarship award, an applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale) or above based upon current grade point average of applicant’s senior year in high school. Grade point average must be validated by the high school counselor or principal and notarized with school official stamp.
- Recipient will be awarded an amount not to exceed $1, 000 (Half the amount will be awarded each semester while enrolled in college).
- The applicant/awardee must present proof of actual college enrollment to the O.C.T.S./Henderson Scholarship Committee before the actual cash award will be presented.
- All information (including the applicant’s transcript) must be received by the scholarship committee by April 25 of the year in which the applicant is applying for assistance.
Mail the Completed Application Package to: O.C.TS./Henderson School Scholarship Fund Incorporated Attention: Scholarship Committee c/o Robert Bishop P. O. Box 80066 Starkville, MS 39760
- Typed Application Form
- 2 Typed Letters of Recommendation
- Typed Short Essay Questions
- School Official Transcript
All documents that are required to be typed must be in Times New Roman with a Font Size of 12 points and 1.5 line spacing.
For more information about the scholarship application or procedures, feel free to contact Robert Bishop, Scholarship Liaison at (662) 617-5049 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.